Chocolatier Wanna be


After watching the movie Chocolat, staring Juliette Binoche, & Johnny Depp, few years back I have this dream of being a chocolatier with my own chocolatie. I remember watching the movie and looking at those glossy, yummy looking chocolates that Juliette Binoche's character makes, and of course I was staring at Johnny Depp too!

I have no idea what prompted me in making these White Chocolate Candies with Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache inside. So I took out my few collection of chocolate molds, my favorite are the one's that I bought from Cooks Exchange (their branch in SM Mega), few years back. I believe they were for gelatin but I've always used them for chocolates. I know that Chocolate Lovers, its literally a castle located in QC, they have tons of chocolate molds however I found them too shallow and small. This one sits nicely in my palm. Anyway, I use to be a fan of that store used to buy all my chocolates there but one time I bought a kilo of walnuts from them and didn't realized that they are already rancid until I was about to use it for my Lemon Torte, I was so piss off that I only buy non perishable items there like cake boxes and stuff.

Back to my chocolates,
step 1: I roughly chopped white chocolates and zapped it in the microwave stirring ever 10 secs until silky and smooth.
step 2: I let it cool for a few minutes and coat my chocolate molds with it, I fill them up to the rim and let it stand for 10 minutes.
step 3: After 10 minutes have passed I flip the whole thing and put it on top of a wire rack and wait for another 10 minutes.
step 4: I use my offset spatula to clean off the excess chocolates from the rim of the mold to make it neat then I wait for the chocolate to harden.
step 5: while waiting for the chocolate, I made my ganache. I chopped bittersweet chocolates and let it steep in a warm heavy cream and gently stir it till smooth and silking, out it aside till room temp.
step 6: I gently spoon the ganache over the pre-made chocolate shells and wait for the ganache to set before selling it with white chocolate and witing for it to set once more.
step 7: Eat it! Share it! Enjoy it!
Chocolate making is really messy especially the first time I tried it, after few dozen tries, its getting easier but still messy to do. I guess the saying "Practice Makes Perfect" really applies to this.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

1 comment: