Crinkles: Two of A Kind!


Ever experience baking in a hurry? I often do in baking cookies, I get impatient in waiting for the cookie dough to chill properly and scoop it out and bake. So in a lazy Sunday morning while watching TV, I experiment with my Chocolate Chocolate Crinkle dough. The recipe is adapted from a locally published book of Ms. Euphemia Estrada entitled Baking Made EC. One batch I baked with a properly chilled cookie dough while the other batch I made with a semi-chilled cookie dough.
The result is two different looking cookies, the one baked with a chilled cookie dough turns out with a big and plump with a hump, while the one made with semi-chilled dough cake out sort of flattish. I tough they would have tasted the same however I was wrong. the Plump tasted a bid dry , while the Flattish tasted moist and soft. The verdict? I like the flattish one better! Its crisp on the outside and moist and chewy in the inside hmmmm....just the way I like it! Which is quite a relieve, I don't have to chill my cookie dough for a loooooong time !

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment